Brother Vellies: Something Special

Oaxacan mug Oaxacan mug
 Brother Vellies Oaxacan mug

Earlier this year, prior to COVID, I began to take inventory of where I was investing my money. While I made subtle (mostly subconscious) switches over time to some black-owned brands and opted to shop more often at small, local businesses, I realized that there was still plenty of room for change.

One of several things that I decided to do a couple of months ago was sign up for "Something Special" with Brother Vellies. Essentially you sign up to have something unique and ethically made, like this beautiful mug, shipped to you each month. I chose to do this because remaining at home during these past months resulted in fewer retail purchases for me. I thought that this would be a good way for me to show support for a business that I follow (that makes incredible shoes) during this challenging time, especially since most of my days at home are spent in pajamas. It's a monthly delivery that I look forward to, and this handcrafted mug actually made me very happy.

⧫⧫⧫⧫

Lately there's been an influx of social media posts highlighting black-owned businesses, which is important, necessary and long overdue. I hope to see this support continue past the dust settling. Black lives have always mattered, and black businesses have always been worthy of support. I will continue to invest in the people and businesses that I value. I hope you will do the same.

With love,

Shandrese

Comments

Popular Posts