Brighter Days

spring/summer colors spring/summer colors
Dress: J. Crew (old), Necklace: Tiffany & Co., Ring: Mejuri, Lipstick: Pat McGrath Labs

I took these photos last year. It was right after I straightened my hair for the last time and packed away my flat iron in an effort to give my hair a break from heat styling. I planned to lighten it this spring, so I wanted it to be strong enough to endure the process. However, the evening before my hair appointment, I received a call explaining that the salon would be closing for an unknown amount of time. My appointment was cancelled and, shortly thereafter, so were all of my other plans.

 I'll admit I became disheartened having to postpone something that was long awaited and nearly within my grasp. I begrudgingly cancelled trips that I've been planning for months, but that's the thing about plans. Everything can change in an instant...and it did. Literally.

Even though this time of social distancing is crazy and confusing, it's during moments like these that we get to see what's truly important. The things that we long for, places we want to go, people that we miss dearly... those are the things to truly cherish on the other side of this quarantine. Personally, I have learned that the most trying times in my life have reaped the greatest rewards in the end. Whenever I look back at moments that felt insurmountable, I am overwhelmed by the many blessings that followed the tears.

It'll get better.

As I sat in my bedroom floor last night and looked at the pretty spring dresses that were purchased for trips that are cancelled and lunches that are postponed, I started planning again. This is a moment in time that will pass. A moment that I'll briefly think back upon months from now as I stroll along the shore, listening to the gentle sound of waves...

Continue dreaming and planning. Stay safe.

~Shandrese

Comments

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous!
    Your pretty red perfectly applied lipstick coordinates perfectly with the dress you were wearing in the photos above.
    You look beautiful.
    Your dreams are beautiful as well.
    All those pretty Spring dresses you purchased would, Im sure, look gorgeous in future OOTD posts if you felt inclined.
    xx <3

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts