Sunrise, Sunset Ombre Nails

Ombre nail designs are everywhere---especially on Youtube, so I decided to try it out for myself. This nail technique is pretty simple for first timers and you can use items that are already in your cosmetic stash. These items include a solid, white nail polish (for the base coat), two or three different nail polish colors, a clear top coat polish, makeup wedges, nail polish remover and q-tips. I'm not a big fan of seeing or hearing myself on video, but there are several video tutorials online. Nikki's Tutorials is a very helpful tutorial to achieve this look. I hope you all enjoy this post :)

~Natalia



Finished look.
Start by applying a base coat of white polish to your nails and let it dry. Apply 3 strips of polish to a makeup wedge.
Blot the nail colors onto your nail. Repeat to this step a few times to darken the polish.

Dip a q-tip into nail polish remover and wipe away the mess :P While the polish is a little damp, top it off with a clear coat of polish and you're done!








I used nail polish by China Glaze, Hot Topic, Wet-n-Wild and Cherimoya.


**Follow us on Bloglovin', Pinterest and Twitter**




Comments

  1. Great Work! love the Nail Design :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used beautiful colours! It looks prettyyyy:) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! Sophie x

    Http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, these look AMAZING. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative...love the concept and the color you used to make the look

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool nails x

    http://styleofalondontallgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cool! Maybe I'm going to try that tomorrow...

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you kidding me?! This is incredible! Your tutorial is perfect too, so easy to follow!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this tutorial!! it came out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute Natalia. I love the colors you used here. It reminds of a sunset. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing. ;)

    You Like It? I Made It!
    http://youlikeitimadeit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely trying this the next free evening I have. Lovely colour choice!

    http://togsmustbeworn.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fantastic! I love the sunset look, very unique ombre combo.

    xx Jenee C.
    http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so trying!!! I love the colors you've chosen! Reminds me of a tropical sunset! Just discovered your blog and had to follow!! Would love if you'd peek at my blog! xoxo

    ~Meghan

    Voila-Meghan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts