Nook Nails

This past weekend I purchased a nail polish by Hard Candy that will make any polish have a matte finish. Originally I wanted to do a black, matte nail with a thin, silver tip but unfortunately I'm not ambidextrous. I had a hard time free handing a thin line on my right hand, so I decided to paint a chunky tip instead :S. Luckily this look didn't turn out too bad ;)
~Natalia

To get this look:
  • start by polishing your nails with a clear, base coat.
  • apply any black nail polish and let your nails dry completely.
  • paint a colored tip on each nail and let them dry completely.
  • paint your nails with the matte top coat and there's your look :)

(these photos were taken on my cell)

"Black Out" polish by Sally Hansen. "Mattely in Love" polish by Hard Candy (from Walmart). "Queen of Everything" polish by Sephora by O.P.I.

Comments

  1. Lovely nails, what a great idea!! :)

    Missingsparkles.com

    ♥,
    Minna

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful nails:) I want it to:)
    please visit me in free time:)

    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the nails!!! what a cool blog you have here :)
    just came across it and totally enjoyed flipping through it!
    definitely following you now & would be more than happy if you took a look at my blog and tell me what you think!
    i'd be MORE than happy if you followed back!!! :)
    xxx love,


    http://pulcinellata.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
    http://fashionablyyours-juneli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the matte finish :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun nails! :)

    xoxo,
    Taylor

    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea! I much prefer matte finishes, I'll have to check this product out!

    Please stop by my blog if you get a chance!

    www.orangecoloureddays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool contrast with the nail color and purple-ish color:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair always looks nice "behind the scenes" of your makeup artistry; did you ever think about spotlighting your hair regimen? I realize that cosmetics is your "feature" profile, but cosmetology includes makeup, nails, and hair. Just a thought for us natural girls who want to go "straight" from time to time without the chemicals and the frizz! I always notice your hair when viewing the blog, just thought I would ask...think about it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts