Every now and then people will ask for a lesson in makeup, so here is my eye shadow tutorial :) I'm not a professional, but hopefully this tutorial will inspire you to experiment with makeup at home.
I want to give a special thank you to my friend, Rere for posing in these photos. ;)
|Head piece designed by me and made by my cousin :)|
What you will need:
(click on this photo to enlarge)
|1. eye shadow base or concealer 2. gel eyeliner 3. lash curler (optional) 4. Q-tips/makeup remover/makeup remover wipes/brush cleaning spray 5. eye shadows (from light to dark) (MAC and Tarte) 6. eye shadow brushes (application/blending/angle/etc.) 7. mascara|
|(click on this photo to enlarge)|
Start by washing, toning and moisturizing your face.
1. & 2. Apply an eye shadow base or concealer on your eyelid.
3. Use an eye shadow brush to apply the first color of eye shadow on your inner lid (closest to your nose to the middle of your eye).
4. Use a different eye shadow brush to apply the second color of eye shadow on the middle and outer edge of your lid (use smooth strokes in the natural shape and crease of your lid).
5. Use the blending brush to blend the first two colors.
6. Use a contoured eye shadow brush to apply the darkest eye shadow color to the outer edge of your lid (pack on the color and let it go past your lash line at an angle).
7. Use the blending brush to blend all three colors.
8. & 9. Wrap a makeup remover wipe around your index finger and use it to wipe away the extra eye shadow at a clean angle (a Q-tip dipped in makeup remover can do the same trick).
10. Use another eye shadow brush to apply the lightest color of eye shadow to your brow bone as a highlight.
11. Use an angled brush and gel eyeliner to line your eye (it helps to hold the outer corner of your eyelid tight with your opposite hand to form a neat line).
12. Apply mascara to your lashes (using a lash curler is optional).
13. Your final look! :)
Please follow us on Twitter and share your eye shadow photos with us! ;)